Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Easy Black Beans {Healthy}

Black Beans.  A simple, quick,, easy, healthy, and nutrtious side dish you can make in less than 5 minutes.  Use canned beans, add 3 spices, and enjoy with chips as a dip, a side dish to any meal, addition to a salad or eggs, a topping for nachos, or many more options.  Just enjoy this diet friendly low carb full of fiber and protein food.  Alohamora Open a Book http://alohamoraopenabook.blogspot.com/ diet friendly, cheap, inexpensive, gluten free, nut free, dairy free, egg free, diabetic friendly, delicious side dish, perfect for salads,

Beans beans
The magical fruit
The more you eat, 
The more you toot. 
The more you toot, 
The better your feel. 
So let's have beans, 
For every meal!

You know you were totally able to sing/chant along to that.  You of course sang that as a child, or maybe you still do b/c you are a child at heart.  

I'm a big fan of beans.  I love the nutritional value of them.  I love the fiber, protein, low calories, versatility, and price.  

I know many people cook their own beans, soaking them and cooking for hours.   I know it's delicious, and I'm not saying don't do it.  

However, I'm a big fan of the convenience of rinsing and draining a can of beans, adding some spice, and heating it in the microwave for a quick side dish, an addition to a salad, or a meal in and of itself.

My daughter has been known to ask for beans for breakfast.  I thought it was an odd request the first time, but figuring they were healthy and nutritious I went with it.  She loved it and made me think she was on to something as far as breakfast is concerned.  

Black Beans are awesome and pretty much my favorite!  However, I didn't always feel that way.  I didn't always know what spices to add to them to enhance their deliciousness; for years I thought they were blab and tasteless.  Though, once I figured out the secret combination of spices it was love at first taste.

This recipe today is easy, simple, quick, fast, and the perfect spices for you to enjoy black beans in their simple goodness.

Black Beans
Recipe: Alohamora
Active Time 3 minutes
Inactive Time 2 minutes
Servings: Approximately 2 cups

Ingredients: 
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp onion, dried and minced
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp seasoning salt

Directions: 

  1. Pour your rinsed and drained black beans into a small microwaveable dish.  
  2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine everything.  
  3. Partly cover the dish and microwave the beans on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. 
  4. Remove from microwave and enjoy! 
  5. Enjoy the beans as a side dish, a dip for chips, mixed in with eggs for breakfast, and so many more options.  
  6. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. 

Happy simple and easy black bean eating! 


What is your go to side dish?  

No comments:

Post a Comment